PERSONAL DATA & INFORMATION NOTICE FOR OUR VALUED CLIENTS / PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS
1. Collection of Personal Data
This Personal Data & Information Notice is issued to all our valued clients / prospective clients, pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, Malaysia.
We treat and view your personal data seriously.
In the course of your dealings with Nora S.W. Lam & Associates as our valued client / prospective client, we will request that you provide data and information about yourself ("Personal Data”) to enable us to carry out our work as legal practitioners or to deliver the necessary notices and services in connection with our business. These are relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of notices, and services, client relationship management, planning purposes in connection with future services, new services launches and events including promotional events with business partners.
2. Nature of Personal Data
Such Personal Data may be subject to applicable data protection, privacy and other similar laws and may include information concerning name, age, identity card number, address, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, contact information, email address, race, nationality, passport number, type of loans applied for in relation to the purchase of property.
3. Impact resulting from failure to supply Personal Data
The failure to supply such Personal Data will:-
- result in us being unable to provide clients / prospective clients with the notices and/or services requested;
- affect the ability of the parties to enter into the necessary Sales and Purchase Agreement in relation to the purchase and/or sale of property and/or product; and/or
- result in us being unable to update you on our latest services.
4. Purpose of collecting Personal Data
Personal Data you provide will be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:
- the delivery of notices or services and the marketing of such services whether present or future, to you;
- in order for you to enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract to purchase and/or sell properties (for real estate clients only);
- user or customer relationship management procedures;
- those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service offered by us;
- conducting marketing and client profiling activities in connection with our services;
- credit assessments and other background checks of users as we may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
- our internal record keeping;
- collection of outstanding payments from clients;
- prevention of crime (including but not limited to fraud, money-laundering, bribery);
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us;
- purposes relating to any of the above (including but not limited to research, benchmarking and statistical analysis); and/or
- enable us to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about products and services offered by selected third parties that we think may interest you but in doing so we maintain control over your Personal Data and we will not disclose your Personal Data to such third parties without your prior consent.
5. Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties:-
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- our business partners and online affiliates that provide related services or products in connection with our business;
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers;
our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
7. Data Transfer & Sharing
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your Personal Data to third party service or product providers, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
8. Your Rights of Access and Correction
8.1 You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us and in this respect, you may:
- check whether we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that your Personal Data is retained by us only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected;
- request that we specify or explain its policies and procedures in relation to data and types of Personal Data handled by us;
- communicate to us your objection to the use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes whereupon we will not use your Personal Data for these purposes; and
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period.
8.2 Your written requests for access to Personal Data or correction and/or deletion of Personal Data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of Personal Data handled by us should be addressed to:
Personal Data Protection Officer
Nora S. W. Lam & Associates
|Telephone No||:||+607-222 0818|
|Fax No||:||+607-226 3118|
|Mailing Address||:||Suite 18.01 Level 18
Johor Bahru City Square (Office Tower)
106-108 Jalan Wong Ah Fook
80000 Johor Bahru