Nora Lam Siew Wan, our firm’s Senior Partner, is a seasoned lawyer highly regarded in Johor Bahru, Malaysia where she practices. With her extensive commercial and financial experience, Nora works closely with a highly diversified clientele and cases which include:
|General trading||Staff loans|
|Manufacturing||Hire purchase and debt recovery|
|Consumer products||Commercial and housing loans|
|Shipping||Commercial and financing transactions|
|Printing & machine companies||Shareholder disputes and issues|
|Entrepreneurs||Listed company matters|
|Credit control||Corporate structures|
|Employee share option schemes||Etc...|
Nora’s forte lies in strategizing business structures and litigation. She advises on how to achieve a result that is practical, favourable and cost-effective for the client.
Born and bred in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, she graduated with a Bachelor of Law (Honours) Degree, University of Hull, England. She was called to the English Bar as a Barrister-of-Law, and she is also a Member of Lincoln’s Inn. In 1983 she was called to the Malaysian Bar as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
A dynamic and charming lady, she started her career as a pupil and a Legal Assistant with M/S Megat Najmuddin Leong & Co, Advocates and Solicitors, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia where she specialized in litigation, banking and commercial matters until 1987. In late 1987 she left practice to set up and manage the legal department for the multi-national listed company the East Asiatic Company (Malaysia) Berhad Group of Companies with its diverse business interests. She returned to active practice in Johor Bahru to set up a partnership of M/S Lam & Lim in 1991. In 1998 she practiced solely until the formation of the partnership firm M/S Nora S.W. Lam & Associates in 2000. Today the Firm’s main office is located in Johor Bahru City Square.
- Notary Public from 2001, and is also an accredited Mediator.
- Member of the Disciplinary Board of the Bar Council.
- Company Secretary.
- Legal advisor to the Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents Johor Bahru Branch.
- Former Director and member of Nomination, Audit and Remuneration Committee for Multi-Code Electronics Industries (M) Berhad which was listed on the Second Board of Bursa Malaysia 1996 – 2007.
- Member of the Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MICCI) Johor Bahru branch.
- Member for the Soroptimist International UN Programme for the region of Malaysia.
- Soroptimist International is a worldwide organization that is dedicated to advancing human rights and the status of women through service projects.
- Past President of Kiwanis Club Sentosa, Johor Bahru from 2007 – 2008. During her Presidency, teaching and improving life skills to autistic and Down Syndrome youths aged 13 years and above so that they can provide for themselves.
- Member of Care United Club Johor Bahru.